August 04, 2020
1 pound green beans, trimmed to 1/2" shorter than the jar 3 jalapeños, sliced into thin strips 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced 1 tablespoon mustard seeds 1 tablespoon peppercorns 1-1/2 cups apple cider vinegar 1-1/2 cups water 1 tablespoons kosher salt 1 tablespoon sugar
1. Blanch the prepped green beans and jalapeño strips by boiling in a large pot of water for 2 minutes. Plunge them into an ice bath to preserve the green color and to stop from over-cooking.
2. Clean and sterilize 3 pint-sized canning jars. Fill the jars with the blanched green beans, jalapeño slices, and garlic slices. Tightly pack the green beans in the jar vertically. Divide the mustard seeds and peppercorns into the jars.
3. Prepare the brine: In a saucepan, bring the vinegar, water, salt, and sugar to a boil. Boil for three minutes. Let the brine cool.
4. Pour the brine into each jar, covering the green beans completely.
5. Cover and refrigerate the pickles overnight before serving.
6. Keep refrigerated. Enjoy the pickles for up to one week.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
April 01, 2021
March 18, 2021
March 04, 2021