* Free Shipping on orders over $99 *
4 large boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1” chunks
5 cloves garlic, finely minced
1-1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely grated
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
2-1/2 teaspoons Garam Masala, divided
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 teaspoons Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
4 tablespoons butter, sliced into tablespoons
1 tablespoon cilantro, minced, plus additional for garnish
1. Prepare the garlic and ginger. Mince the garlic finely and grate the ginger into a fine paste.
2. Place the cut chicken in the bottom of an electric pressure cooker and then toss with the garlic and ginger.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the tomato paste and crushed tomatoes until well combined.
4. Add the spices to the tomato mixture: 2 teaspoons Garam Masala, cumin, paprika, cayenne, coriander, Kosher salt, and black pepper. Stir until well combined.
5. Pour the spiced tomato mixture over the chicken. Toss until coated.
6. Cover, and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
7. Carefully release the pressure according to your appliance’s instructions. Check that the chicken is fully cooked and is at 165 degrees F. If the chicken needs more time, continue to cook on the simmer function until the chicken reaches 165 degrees in the center.
8. Once the chicken is fully cooked, add the coconut milk, yogurt, butter, 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala and minced cilantro. Stir until combined and a sauce begins to form. If the sauce needs additional time to thicken, switch to the simmer function, and stir and simmer until the sauce thickens to your desired consistency.
9. Serve warm over basmati rice. Garnish with additional minced cilantro.