* Free Shipping on orders over $99 *
August 02, 2020
Portabella mushrooms are a hearty vegetable that love the grill. Add minced garlic and a splash of olive oil before grilling for exceptional flavor. After grilling, these mushrooms are stuffed with sautéed spinach, grilled red pepper, and warm, crispy goat cheese medallions — a vegetarian’s paradise.
2 portabella mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 tablespoons olive oil for drizzling
Freshly ground black pepper
1 red pepper
1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 oz spinach, chopped
Goat Cheese Medallion Ingredients:
4 oz goat cheese
1 egg, beaten
Panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
1. Trim the stem off of the mushroom caps. Mince the garlic, and sprinkle inside the caps. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the mushrooms on the grill with the gill side up. Grill over high heat for 4-5 minutes, turn, and grill the other side for another 4-5 minutes, or until soften and tender.
2. Cut the red pepper in half, and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Grill for 3-5 minutes, or until softened. Place the pepper halves in a brown paper bag and close. Allow the pepper's heat to steam in the bag for about 4 minutes. Remove from the bag; the peel should be easy to remove at this point. Cut the pepper into a small dice and combine with the capers in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. In a small saute pan over medium heat, cook the garlic in the olive oil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the spinach and saute for 2 minutes until spinach wilts. Remove from heat.
4. Cut the goat cheese into 1/2” slices. In a small bowl, beat the egg. Pour the bread crumbs into a low bowl or plate. Dip the goat cheese medallions into the beaten egg and then coat all sides with the bread crumbs. In a nonstick skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat and add the coated goat cheese medallions, cooking for 10-15 seconds on each side, or until lightly golden brown. Place the “toasted” medallions on a paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
5. Spoon the red pepper mixture in the well of the mushroom, topping with sautéed spinach and a goat cheese medallion. Serve immediately
October 20, 2022