* Free Shipping on orders over $99 *
August 02, 2020
Makes About 16 - 20 Skewers
A great appetizer, these steak skewers are marinated in the zingy, slightly spicy, chimichurri sauce, then grilled to perfection. We also recommend using this chimichurri sauce as a marinade or sauce for other cuts of beef, chicken, and vegetables.
Chimichurrri Sauce Ingredients:
2 cups fresh Italian parsley
4 tablespoons fresh oregano
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
3 garlic cloves, peeled
1 shallot, halved
1 cup olive oil
1 small jalapeño pepper, quartered, seeds removed
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1-1/2 lbs. top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper mini wooden skewers, soaked for 30 minutes before grilling
1. In a powerful blender or food processor, combine all of the chimichurri ingredients and puree until smooth.
2. In a large bowl, combine the steak cubes with salt, pepper, and 1 cup of the chimichurri sauce. (Reserve the remaining sauce in a separate bowl for dipping.) Toss the beef cubes with the sauce to cover well. Cover the marinating steak pieces and let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, submerge the wooden skewers in water to soak.
3. Skewer three steak bites onto each of the small skewers. Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
4. Serve the grilled mini-skewers with a generous drizzle of the reserved chimichurri sauce.
October 20, 2022