August 02, 2020
1 pound asparagus, trimmed to 1" shorter than the jar 2 cloves garlic, whole 1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds 1/2 tablespoon peppercorns 1-1/4 cups white wine vinegar (at least 5% acidity) 1-1/4 cups water 1 tablespoons kosher salt 1 tablespoon sugar 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 2 sprigs rosemary
1. Blanch the asparagus. Boil in a large pot of water for 2 minutes, and then plunge into an ice bath to preserve the green color and to stop from over-cooking.
2. Clean and sterilize a quart-sized canning jar. Fill the jar with the blanched asparagus and garlic. Tightly pack the asparagus and rosemary in the jar with tips up. Place the mustard seeds, peppercorns, and crushed red pepper into the jar.
3. Prepare the brine. In a saucepan, bring the vinegar, water, salt, and sugar to a boil. Boil for three minutes. Let the brine cool.
4. Pour the brine into each jar, covering the vegetables completely.
5. Cover and refrigerate the pickles overnight before serving.
6. Keep refrigerated. Enjoy the pickles for up to one week.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
July 29, 2021
July 27, 2021
June 03, 2021