This hearty orzo salad features a medley of Southwest-inspired flavors and ingredients including black beans, cheese, and a delicious, creamy, cilantro-lime, dressing. These sturdy ingredients are filling enough to be an entrée salad, or may be served as a great side salad for sharing at your next picnic.
8 ounces orzo pasta, cooked
3 scallions, sliced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup orange bell pepper, diced
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup corn, frozen or fresh
1 small can chopped mild green chiles
1/2 cup Pepper Jack cheese, cubed into 1/4" pieces
1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
3 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoon lime juice
3 tablespoons cilantro, minced
2 teaspoons honey
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Cook the orzo until al dente according to the package instructions. Drain, and let cool in a large bowl.
2. Prepare the vegetables for the salad. Slice the scallions, halve the tomatoes, and dice the orange pepper. Add these vegetables to the orzo.
3. Add the black beans, corn, chiles, and cheese.
4. Prepare the dressing by whisking all ingredients together until evenly combined.
5. Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss to combine. Enjoy immediately!