FREE Shipping on orders over $99 and $9.99 Shipping on orders over $50 in the Continental US • International Shipping Available
December 14, 2017
We love the presentation of this dip -- served right in your cast iron skillet! Improvise with this recipe by putting your own favorite hot dip inside the garlic roll ring. (We always prefer our own pizza dough, but if time is tight, store-bought pizza dough makes assembling this recipe very quick!)
Garlic Roll Ring Ingredients:
1 lb. pre-made pizza dough
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup sausage, cooked
1 garlic clove, minced
1-1/2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
8 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons milk
1 cup white cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
1. In a skillet, cook the spinach and garlic until the spinach is wilted and the garlic fragrant. Add the sausage, and cook until browned. Drain any excess grease from the skillet. Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, milk, and shredded white cheddar cheese, and mix together until evenly combined.
2. Turn the pre-made pizza dough out onto a lightly floured cutting board and cut it into 16 equal pieces using a knife or a bench scraper. Shape each piece into a ball.
3. Generously butter a 9” cast iron skillet. Place a small bowl top down in the center of the skillet, allowing for about a 3" perimeter around the sides.
4. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter with the 2 cloves of minced garlic, and carefully dip each dough ball in the butter. Arrange the dough balls in a ring around the perimeter of the skillet. Cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rise until it has doubled in size, roughly 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
6. Remove the center bowl and transfer the mixed dip mixture to the center of the cast iron skillet.
7. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the ring of garlic rolls is golden brown, and the dip is bubbling hot.
8. Remove from the oven and serve while warm.