FREE Shipping on orders over $99 and $9.99 Shipping on orders over $50 in the Continental US • International Shipping Available
July 26, 2018
Makes about 48 mini frittata bites
This dish calls for several cups of fresh herbs - perfect for when herb gardens are flourishing with an overabundance! Based on a Persian dish called Kuku Sabzi (similar to a frittata, but super-packed with herbs), our variation includes several different fresh herbs, and is baked in a mini muffin pan. Topped with a simple yogurt sauce, and some fresh chives as a garnish, these savory bites work well as a brunch or dinner appetizer. Alternatively, bake in skillet or baker, and make this dish the whole meal!
Persian Frittata Ingredients:
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 leeks, rinsed well, finely sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 fennel bulb, finely sliced
7 large eggs, whisked together
1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1-1/2 cups cilantro
1-1/2 cups dill
1-1/2 cups parsley
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
Yogurt Sauce Ingredients:
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 chives, sliced into 1/8-inch pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet and sauté the leeks, garlic, and fennel on medium heat until translucent.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, salt, baking powder, pepper, and turmeric.
3. In a food processor, pulse the cilantro, dill, parsley, and walnuts together until well minced. Add the minced herbs and nuts to the beaten egg mixture. Fold in the sauteed leeks, garlic and fennel mixture.
4. Fill 2 non-stick mini muffin pans (24 wells each) with the mixture (or bake in batches). Be sure to fill the mixture to the top; the bites will rise only slightly.
5. Bake the frittata bites until the egg is set, around 15 minutes for the mini-muffin pan size. (Or, until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.)
6. While the bites are baking, mix together the yogurt ingredients and serve with a dollop topping each bite. Garnish with the chives, and enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 21, 2021
October 07, 2021
September 16, 2021