* Free Shipping on orders over $99 *
December 14, 2017
Artichokes, in any form, rank high on our favorites list. In this presentation, artichoke hearts are fried to golden deliciousness. These tiny, crisped morsels feature just a few ingredients that are quickly assembled. Paired with an aioli dip, these artichoke bites will win over more than a few guests this holiday season.
14 oz. can whole tiny artichoke hearts, rinsed, patted dry
1/4 cup canola oil
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 small lemon)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Drain the artichokes well, rinse and pat dry. Halve each artichoke heart vertically. Place the hearts cut side down on paper towels for 10 minutes to allow any excess moisture to drain.
2. Cover the surface of a sauté pan with canola oil and heat over medium high heat. To test if the oil is hot enough and ready insert the tip of a wooden spoon; if the oil bubbles around the wood, it is ready.
3. Fry the artichoke halves for 4 minutes on each side, or until they have slightly browned. Avoid overcrowding the pan while frying the artichokes. Remove the artichoke halves from the oil with a slotted spatula or a spider and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the aioli. Make a smooth paste with the minced garlic and kosher salt (use the back of a knife, or a mortar and pestle to make the paste). Add the garlic paste and cayenne to the mayonnaise, and stir to combine. Whisk in the lemon juice and olive oil until the dip is evenly mixed and creamy.
October 20, 2022