FREE Shipping on orders over $99 and $9.99 Shipping on orders over $50 in the Continental US • International Shipping Available
January 18, 2018
Makes about 4 cups
We’re no stranger to the pleasantries of rich, creamy avocados, but the surprising addition of grapefruit and oranges in this Citrus Guacamole offers uniquely refreshing notes that make us question ever leaving these citrus hard-hitters out of another batch. Use it as a topping, a dip, or simply enjoy it by the spoonful — whatever your method, there’s no wrong way to enjoy this vibrant take on a classic avocado favorite.
1 grapefruit, supremed
2 oranges, supremed
2 limes, juiced
1/2 cup red onion, 1/4-inch dice
1 jalapeño, seeded, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
4 ripe avocados
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
1. Supreme the citrus fruits by removing the outer peel and white rind. Remove the sections from the pith, and cut into half-inch pieces. Juice the lime.
2. Dice the onion and jalapeño. Crush the garlic and mince the cilantro.
3. Combine the citrus pieces, citrus juices, onion, jalapeño, garlic, and cilantro.
4. Halve the avocados, remove the pits, and scoop out the inner flesh. Coarsely mash the avocados.
5. Fold the citrus mixture into the mashed avocados. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Comments will be approved before showing up.