* Free Shipping on orders over $99 *
July 26, 2018
Makes about 16-20 mini skewers
A great appetizer for a hungry crowd - these steak skewers are marinated in a slightly spicy, zingy chimichurri sauce, then grilled to perfection, and topped with more sauce. We recommend using this chimichurri sauce as a marinade or sauce for other cuts of beef, chicken, and even vegetables.
2 cups fresh Italian parsley
4 tablespoons fresh oregano
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
3 garlic cloves, peeled
1 shallot, halved
1 cup olive oil
1 small jalapeño pepper, quartered, seeds removed
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
3 tablespoonss fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1-1/2 lbs top sirloin steak, cut into 1 in cubes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
mini wooden skewers, soaked for 30 minutes before grilling
1. In a powerful blender or food processor, combine all of the chimichurri ingredients and puree until smooth.
2. In a large bowl, combine the steak cubes with salt, pepper, and 1 cup of the chimichurri sauce. Stir to combine. Reserve the remaining sauce in a separate bowl for dipping in a separate. Cover the marinating steak and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, submerge the wooden skewers in water to soak.
3. Skewer 3 steak bites onto each of the small skewers. Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side, and until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
4. Serve the grilled mini-skewers with the reserved chimichurri sauce.
October 20, 2022