Makes 20-30 rolls
These phyllo dough roll-ups are a guaranteed party pleaser! The hot pepper jam and goat cheese combine in a winning combination of flavors nestled in crispy, buttery phyllo dough. Working with the paper-thin phyllo dough takes a delicate touch, but once mastered it will become a favorite ingredient. The key tip in working with phyllo dough is to keep the sheets covered with a damp towel to avoid drying out and becoming too brittle to roll up.
7-10 sheets phyllo dough, each sheet cut lengthwise into thirds
8 sprigs fresh thyme
2 tablespoons hot pepper jam
4-6 oz. fresh goat cheese
Drizzle of honey
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven the 350°.
2. On a lightly floured surface, lay out a single phyllo sheet
3. Generously brush the dough with melted butter.
4. Lightly sprinkle a few thyme leaves on the pastry sheet.
5. Using a pastry wheel, cut the phyllo dough into three even pieces. Crumble 1 tablespoon of goat cheese and 1/2 tablespoon of hot pepper jam 1-inch from the edge of each strip. Begin rolling the goat cheese and jam in the phyllo dough toward the opposite end, adding a few more fresh thyme leaves at the very end.
6. Seal each pastry onto itself with a little melted butter, and repeat the process with each phyllo piece.
7. Place the rolls on a parchment lined baking tray and brush the tops of each roll with additonal melted butter. Bake 15-20 minutes or until the rolls become lightly golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately with a drizzle of honey.